Gone are the days of Australian fashion when we pick and clash prints in every shade of the rainbow. Even with the constant online stream of continually changing fashion outfit inspirations and trends in a myriad of different tones, we still always manage to fall back on the colour black, season after season. This is because we know when we want a chic and sophisticated outfit, black is always the fail-proof, never-disappoint, saving grace - it’s a classic and can make you look and feel effortlessly cool.
The key to avoiding looking boring while still keeping it minimalistic in head-to-toe all black? Mixing it up! Whether it be by playing with textures, shapes, or silhouettes; black can easily be dressed up, down and worn all around town after injecting just a little bit of creativity.
Here are 5 easy steps you can emulate for the ultimate black minimalist outfit:
1. A black textured shirt is super versatile and easily adds interest to your favourite pair of black jeans or trousers. Add a great pair of sunglasses and your Sunday morning is sorted.
2. Look for interesting pieces that you can build a chic outfit around with existing pieces from your wardrobe. Pair a daring pair of trousers with a basic tee or your favourite black blouse and let it do all the work for you!
3. Contrast textures - mix leathers, wools, silks and linens to enhance your outfit. The beauty about all black everything is that it never feels to overwhelming!
Our Bring You Alive top keeps outfits interesting with a textured cotton fabrication and mini split at the back.
4. Details - incorporating items with different details can give a more interesting shape or silhouette to basic black. Our favourites right now are knot-details and ruching!
5. To top it all off - outwear everywhere! Everybody needs an incredible black coat they can put over any outfit, any day of the week. The key to minimalism is ease after all!
An all black outfit doesn't have to be boring so long as you remember to focus on layering different shapes, textures and interesting modern details to keep your outfit on-point. At OSKAR, you can always find classic, versatile pieces that will keep you looking modern and fashion-forward.