News » Store news
Introducing Time Is DancingTime Is Dancing, the latest fashion editorial featuring new Summer 2018 arrivals to hit the OSKAR Australian online boutique. Think feminine pieces with flirtatiously romantic detailing and cascading dramatic ruffles in volumes of flimsy fabrics and breathable linen-blends. Black contrast wrap around ties and interwoven spaghetti straps subtly highlighting waistlines and shoulders. From glamorous allure to contemporary casuals, this is one stellar summer wardrobe to be excited about.
10 Spring Fashion Styles That Embody Playful MinimalismHere Downunder, Spring is upon us - and it is the perfect time of the year to add some playfulness to our wardrobe. We’ve just shed our winter layers, come out of hibernation and are ready for less dreary days and most importantly, less dreary outfits. The key to balancing this with sophistication and cool is to look for pieces with an element of playfulness in a neutral colour palette. Look to Australian fashion online influencers, content creators and style bloggers, and all your favourites will be showing off elevated basics with unexpected twists in varying shades of black, white, grey, blue and khaki.Here are 10 Spring fashion styles to give you some inspo in creating your perfect playful minimalist wardrobe:
- String details around the waist and sophisticated cut-outs gives your back some much-needed love and attention now that the weather is getting warmer.
2. Play with the neckline of your shirts by wearing them off the shoulder for more flair.
3. Corset detailing is a great way to spice up shirts and tee shirts.
4. Contrasting textured fabrics are great for adding depth when layering the same colour together for some tonal dressing.
5. Spring is a great time to show off some sleeve detailing, now that we can ditch the outerwear in this great weather.
6. Convertible tops are a super fun way to get double the use out of an already versatile piece!
7. Add some femininity to your playfulness with bow or ribbon details on tops and dresses.
8. Some statement hardware buttons are a great way to add playfulness as you make the transition from your winter to spring wardrobe.
9. Layering or ruffled details can add an element of fun to a wardrobe staple.
10. If you’re after quick and easy, try a one piece with a playful hemline.
The Lookbook Guide To The Ultimate Black Minimal OutfitGone are the days of Australian fashion when we pick and clash prints in every shade of the rainbow. Even with the constant online stream of continually changing fashion outfit inspirations and trends in a myriad of different tones, we still always manage to fall back on the colour black, season after season. This is because we know when we want a chic and sophisticated outfit, black is always the fail-proof, never-disappoint, saving grace - it’s a classic and can make you look and feel effortlessly cool.The key to avoiding looking boring while still keeping it minimalistic in head-to-toe all black? Mixing it up! Whether it be by playing with textures, shapes, or silhouettes; black can easily be dressed up, down and worn all around town after injecting just a little bit of creativity.Here are 5 easy steps you can emulate for the ultimate black minimalist outfit:1. A black textured shirt is super versatile and easily adds interest to your favourite pair of black jeans or trousers. Add a great pair of sunglasses and your Sunday morning is sorted.2. Look for interesting pieces that you can build a chic outfit around with existing pieces from your wardrobe. Pair a daring pair of trousers with a basic tee or your favourite black blouse and let it do all the work for you!3. Contrast textures - mix leathers, wools, silks and linens to enhance your outfit. The beauty about all black everything is that it never feels to overwhelming!
Our Bring You Alive top keeps outfits interesting with a textured cotton fabrication and mini split at the back.4. Details - incorporating items with different details can give a more interesting shape or silhouette to basic black. Our favourites right now are knot-details and ruching!5. To top it all off - outwear everywhere! Everybody needs an incredible black coat they can put over any outfit, any day of the week. The key to minimalism is ease after all!An all black outfit doesn't have to be boring so long as you remember to focus on layering different shapes, textures and interesting modern details to keep your outfit on-point. At OSKAR, you can always find classic, versatile pieces that will keep you looking modern and fashion-forward.